PERSONAL SUPPLY LIST
- Casual/comfortable clothes
- Old T-shirts
- Work jeans
- Sturdy shoes or work boots
- Rain gear (optional)
- Bathing suit and flip-flops
- Bug spray
- Water jug/bottle
- Work gloves
- Plastic bag for dirty clothes (there are no facilities or time allotted for doing laundry.)
- Hand Sanitizer or disinfectant Lysol (spray or wipes)
- Extra Tip: The roosters are great at making a lot of noise, so earbuds or noise-canceling headphones are nice to have!
St. Mary’s Retreat Center (15 minutes from the airport)
St. Croix U.S.V.I.
- Sleeping: B.O.Y Pillow & Bedding! At the retreat center, we are blessed to have real beds, so no mattresses are needed, but you will need to bring a pillow, twin sheets, and a blanket.
- A/C: No, but the weather is typically nice in the spring.
- Showers: Individual stalls
We suggest bringing $75.00 for souvenirs or snacks. Credit cards can be used at the airport as well as in a few other various places. Time to explore on the workdays might be limited, but the campus is a 5-10 walk to downtown Christiansted, where there are shops, restaurants, and beautiful views of the ocean. There is also a ferry that runs back and forth to a small island with a beautiful beach. The ferry ride is about 2 minutes and costs a couple of dollars to ride. There is no difference in currency from the U.S.
NOTE: Catholic HEART Workcamp cannot be held responsible for any lost or stolen materials such as clothes, jewelry, cell phones, etc. Therefore, please limit the number of valuables and possessions you bring.